Thursday 22 March 2012

First forays

This is my first post on my new blog. I have created it to go with my new studio space and to publicise myself. I am beginning to make art again after a long absence, I felt quite stunted for a while and am trying to reinvigorate myself.

Here is my mini artist statement for your delectation:


My work explores feminine sensuality and the strength of the female form. I incorporate my study of womens spirituality, from various cultures and ages into my work and am heavily influenced by ancient Goddess sculptures and imagery. I use a variety of rich colours, textures and materials to invoke feelings within the viewer which connect them to our collective roots.






From top to bottom:
1. Venus Stretching
2.Venus Lounging
3. Venus Hiding
4. My first foray into what I am calling my 'paper patchworks'. This is a work in progress. Firstly its a collage and then it will be drawn/painted on.Wish me luck!

The first 3 images will be shown at Atrium Studio's first Annual Exhibition, which runs between the 2nd and 18th of April 2012. At the Waterfront Building of UCS in Ipswich, Suffolk.

No comments:

Post a Comment