Thursday 7 June 2012

Bicycle Ball Artwork Progress

Yay! I have actually made a decision about what to make for the Bicycle Ball (http://bicycleball.com/). And, even more exciting, I have actually started making the damn thing. More yay!! The picture above is of the felt pieces I have cut out ready to make a Bicycle Goddess Banner.
     The story behind the ball is that the world has ended and the country has divided up into tribes, the Ipswich one is a bike worshipping tribe. So, a tribe like that might need a figurehead. And here she is. I based my image on ancient Goddess imagery and bicycle cogs/machinery. I liked her being cut out of black fabric 'cause it reminds me of bike inner tubing.
      I havent decided which pieces in my piles of fabric I am going to back it with. But I want to end up adding actual cogs and some cool fringing to it so it looks sumptuous. Hope it turns out as pretty as it is in my head.

:)

4 comments:

  1. That's really lovely. Do you have any fabric with a rusty or metallic feel to it? That might work nicely with the bicycle theme.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou!
    Thats a really great idea. I will have to scour everyones fabric collections. I want it to have lots of reds and golds, so a rusty colour would be ace. Thanks Sarah!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's awesome! Well done my lovely friend. RE: the comment above, if I have some of that Bronze striped fabric we brought, you can use that. Also, I've got lots of cogs etc I collected from the bike doctor so come rummage! Brilliant! Oh and have you told F. you can help? xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurrah, thanks sweetie. I have emailed F. to say I can help. So hopefully she has read it. I would love to come over and rummage. Fank yew. xx

    ReplyDelete